Larson Anderson is the Chief of Norway House Cree Nation, where he was born, grew up and has raised his own family. He has extensive experience in Economic, Financial and Business Management. His recent activities include being elected as the Chief of the Norway House Cree Nation, working with the Northern Authority to improve Child and Family services in the North, and managing the Kinosao Sipi Multiplex to improve economic development in the community of Norway House.
Larson Anderson began his commitment and determination to helping his community when he was elected Councillor for Norway House Cree Nation in 1994 to 1998, operated a local business to create employment and economic development and was hired as the Manager for the Kinosao Sipi Multiplex. Larson then became interested him in pursuing his Education at the University of Manitoba to successfully complete the Bachelor of Arts Program.
Larson Anderson shows love and compassion as he comes from a large family of eight sisters and four brothers. He and his wife Lisa live in Norway House and have four daughters, son-in-law and grand-daughter.
Education & Experience
- Elected Chief of Norway House Cree Nation
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Manitoba
- Chief Financial Officer, Northern Authority, Child and Family Services
- Health Inspector, Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Property Manager, Norway House Cree Nation
- Councillor, Norway House Cree Nation
- Self-employed (Gas Station, Restaurant, Heavy Construction)
- Frontier School Trustee